Sunday, April 12, 2015

                   
Pin It
   
   

Widgets

Queen Birdy and Poetry




Happy Sunday! Hope your weekend is going well!

A co-worker requested a birthday card with birds, so I whipped this one up Friday night. 
I used the fabulous sketch from the Cardabilities #120 challenge. I used a hodgepode of supplies, always seeming to go for "blue" when I want a sweet card. I fixed the inside very prettily too, but forgot to take a picture, darn! lol!

On a non-stamping note, dh and I went to see Billy Collins and Aimee Mann last night for a "rare evening of poetry, acoustic music, and conversation about their art forms and creative process." It was really amazing! Aimee's music is very moving, like poetry. You might know some from the movie Magnolia. 

What about you? Are you a poetry person? I remember it being tough in school and saying things like, "Why can't they just say what they mean?" All that "figuring it out" was tricky! In contrast, my husband was an English major and poetry enthusiast, and I fell for it pretty hard when he used it on me during our "courting" days! lol! 


Anyway, Billy Collins is so wonderful with poetry...it's beautiful, yet comprehensible, surprising and funny, yet touching. That's my layperson description anyway. Here's a clip of him reading The Lanyard. Hope you enjoy!



Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs and happy stamping!



Recipe
Stamps: SU Punch Potpourri, Clearly for You.
Cardstock: SU Crumb Cake (base), SU silver glitter, aMuse Pink, Basic Grey & Pink Paislee patterned paper.
Ink: Versamark, SU Early Espresso
Accessories: Heat Tool, Tim Holtz blue embossing powder, Big Shot, SU retired embossing folder, SU Decorative Label & Ticket Duo Punch, PTI Scallop Die, Pick Your Plum crochet lace, Maya Roads pink ribbon.

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Great post...LOVE your card!

Darlene said...

What a wonderful take on our sketch Angie ... I'm sure it was very well received! Sounds like a wonderful night out with hubby! Good for the soul!
Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Cardabilities! We hope you’ll join us again real soon! Good Luck!
Darlene
CARDABILITIES DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Little Things said...

Love your card-it's stunning! Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.